Fire breaks out at movie theater, 3 treated for smoke inhalation

Ramat HaSharon’s Glilot Cinema City was evacuated today after a giant blaze broke out in the food court of the complex. It took firefighters about an hour to contain the fire. Three people were hospitalized for smoke inhalation.

Watch: Giant blaze at popular movie theater in central Israel

Can't see video? - Click Here

A fire broke out Tuesday at Ramat HaSharon’s Glilot Cinema City. It appears that the blaze started in the food court of the complex. Everyone was evacuated from the complex. It took firefighters about an hour to get the blaze under control.

“At 4:00 PM, we received information about a fire that started in the outside storage unit that is near the complex under the Tal Bagels restaurant,” stated Cinema City. “The fire was put out quickly and the visitors who were in the complex were evacuated.”

Ramat HaSharon’s Glilot Cinema City, today Photo Credit: Channel 2 News

“Unfortunately, two people were slightly injured from smoke inhalation and were transported for medical treatment,” added Cinema City. “No damage was caused to the Cinema City complex. The complex will return to its regular routine starting at 7:30 PM after the appropriate approvals were received from the Israel Police and Israel Fire and Rescue Services.”

Magen David Adom treated three victims who suffered from smoke inhalation. They were also taken to a hospital for additional treatment. A woman who was suffering from smoke inhalation refused to be transported to the hospital.

Click Here for more reports by Becca Noy

Found mistakes in this report? - Click Here

JerusalemOnline News Feed