Watch: Syrian TV airs first moments of US strike
Assad responds to US missile strike: America was ‘was fooled by fake propaganda’The Syrian government has responded to the U.S. missile strike in Homs late last night. “The U.S. aggression only increases our determination to attack the terrorists and intensify our actions against them,” the statement read.
Watch: Footage of the launch
After the late night U.S. missile strike in Homs, the Syrian government responded on Friday, calling the U.S. military action “reckless and irresponsible.” Syrian President Bashar al-Assad also said in the statement: “The U.S. aggression only increases our determination to attack the terrorists and intensify our actions against them.”
“The aggression has increased Syria’s decision to fight the terrorists, continue to destroy them and increase the pace of the operations in order to achieve the goal,” the statement continued. The Syrian government also claimed that the U.S. “was fooled by fake propaganda,” referring to the claims linking Assad to the chemical attack in Idlib earlier this week.
Earlier, JOL News reported that U.S. aircraft carried out a missile strike Thursday night in Syria, targeting the air base from which Tuesday’s deadly chemical attack in Idlib was launched. Six Syrian soldiers were killed and the base sustained serious damage. Following the attack, Russia said that the U.S. military action is an “obstacle in the war on terror.”
In addition, a spokesman for Russian President Vladimir Putin said that the strike was "significantly harmful" to relations between America and Russia. “President Putin believes that the attack is an obstacle for the building of an international coalition that will fight terrorism.”
Found mistakes in this report? - Click Here