Assad targeting civilians as part of a brutal campaign
Iranian officials vow to continue ballistic missile program despite pressure from USOn Monday, French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian arrived in Iran to salvage the failing Iran nuclear deal. Iranian officials told Le Drian that Tehran would continue its ballistic program despite heavy pressure from Western countries.
French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian arrived in Tehran, Iran, on Monday to discuss the future of the Iran nuclear deal and assure the Iranians that unlike the US, Europe is still on board to salvage it. Iranian officials told Le Drian that Tehran will continue its ballistic program.
Iran claims that it will continue its programs despite the pressure from the US and other Western countries. Le Drian and the Iranian officials intend to discuss the future of the nuclear deal and the claims made by US President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu about Iran’s alleged terror ties throughout the Middle East.
Since Trump announced his intentions to withdraw from the deal if it is not amended, Europe has been striving to save it. A senior Iranian official close to Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei was quoted by ISNA as saying, "Our nuclear program is in line with our defense policy …The plan is not a threat to any country in the world."
As previously reported by JOL, Iranian authorities also stated Monday that if the nuclear deal fails, Iran will enrich its uranium within two days. While Iran has threatened to increase its uranium enrichment before, the time estimate of two days is far shorter than previous claims.
Found mistakes in this report? - Click Here