Security Cabinet to discuss Qalqilya expansion plan
Netanyahu says he doesn’t remember cabinet ever agreeing on Qalqilya expansion planAfter a plan to build 14,000 new homes in the Palestinian city sparked criticism among right-wing parties and leaders of the settler community, Netanyahu announced it will be re-discussed, adding that he didn't even remember it being agreed upon.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday that the cabinet will re-discuss a plan to expand the Palestinian city of Qalqiliya, a plan that has sparked criticism among right-wing parties and leaders of the settler community.
According to a Channel 2 News report, Netanyahu made this decision after two of his ministers informed him during a government meeting that a demonstration, organized by heads of towns in the Samaria region, was planned for later today.
Furthermore, Netanyahu said earlier that he does not remember the cabinet ever agreeing on the plan in the first place.
Follow JerusalemOnline Twitter page and stay up to date with the latest news Follow @JOL_NEWS
Last week, Channel 2 News reported that the cabinet had agreed to building 14,000 new homes in Qalqiliya, a move that would nearly double the city's population.
MK Naftali Bennett, the chairman of the HaBayit Hayehudi party, has tweeted that the Palestinians "don't deserve a prize for their incitement."
Click Here for more reports by Omri Ariel
Found mistakes in this report? - Click Here