London Bridge attack: 3rd ISIS terror attack in UK in 6 months

ISIS has issued a statement via its media outlet Amaq, claiming responsibility for the London terror attack in which seven people were murdered and dozens more were injured. London police continue to investigate the two scenes and have announced that the names of the terrorists will be released “as soon as operationally possible.”

Watch: London after the terror attack

Can't see video? - Click Here

On Sunday evening, ISIS claimed responsibility for the London Bridge terror attack in which seven people were murdered and dozens more were injured. “Islamic State soldiers were the ones who carried out the attack in London,” a message posted on Telegram by the murderous terrorist organization’s official Amaq News Agency read.

In the past six months, the UK has fallen victim to three ISIS terror attacks. However, British Prime Minister Theresa May stated yesterday that the recent terror attacks were not linked by “common networks.”

Follow JerusalemOnline Twitter page and stay up to date with the latest news

According to May, while the Manchester terror attack and the terror attacks last night at two of London’s most iconic sites were not connected, “they are bound together by the single evil ideology of Islamist extremism that preaches hatred, sows division and promotes sectarianism.” May added: “Defeating this ideology is one of the great challenges of our time but it cannot be defeated by military intervention alone.”

Witnesses fleeing the scene Photo Credit: CNN/Channel 2 News

Meanwhile, the Metropolitan Police said that the identities of the three terrorists will be released “as soon as operationally possible.” In addition, the Scotland Yard said that four properties in London, which were most likely used by the terrorists, were raided last night. So far, 12 suspects have been arrested in connection with the terror attack.

According to various reports, the police who responded to the terror attack fired no less than 50 bullets at the terrorists in order to neutralize them. “Eight police firearms officers discharged their weapons ... Our initial assessment is in the region of 50 rounds, in the region of 50 bullets were fired by those eight officers,” Britain's counter-terrorism police chief Mark Rowley said.



Watch The Main Newscast - Click Here

Click Here for more reports by Becca Noy

Found mistakes in this report? - Click Here