Senate: No evidence to Trump's wiretap claim
US Secretary Tillerson: Military action in North Korea is 'on the table'While visiting South Korea, the new US Secretary of State has stated that pre-emptive military action against North Korea is an option that is 'on the table' in light of recent ballistic missile testing. Tillerson said all measures are being explored, diplomatic and economic as well.
Tensions between the US and North Korea are continuing to heat up, as the US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, who is currently visiting South Korea, said this morning (Friday) that the option for pre-emptive military action is “on the table.”
According to Secretary Tillerson who took office less than two months ago, the US’ policy of “strategic patience" with North Korea is over and the US is examining a new range of measures and actions, diplomatically, economically and even militarily.
Follow JerusalemOnline Twitter page and stay up to date with the latest news Follow @JOL_NEWS
Earlier, during his visit to Japan, Tillerson said that efforts to persuade North Korea to abandon its nuclear ambitions have failed "after 20 years of trying."
Tillerson spoke on the matter shortly after visiting the buffer zone dividing North and South Korea.
“Certainly, we do not want to, for things to get to military conflict," Tillerson stated. "If they elevate the threat of their weapons program to a level that we believe requires action, then that option's on the table.”
Last week, as previously reported by JOL, US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley addressed the rising tensions with North Korea following the recent North Korean ballistic missiles tests. "All options are on the table,” the Ambassador declared.
Found mistakes in this report? - Click Here