Cherry tomato & cheese torteJust in time for the busy back-to-school and holiday seasons, TnuvaUSA has unveiled a new line of sliced “DELI CUT” cheeses at supermarkets. Try this cherry tomato and cheese torte recipe featuring three kinds of Tnuva cheese.
Serves: 6, Preparation Time: 10 minutes, Cooking Time: 30 minutes
½ package Frozen Rolled Puff Pastry Dough for Sweet and Savory Pastries, prepared according to the package
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 bunch chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt, to taste
½ container (about 1 cup) Tnuva Goat Cheese
½ package (3/4 cup) Tnuva Edam Deli Cut Cheese, finely chopped
½ container (about 1 cup) Tnuva Feta Sheep’s Milk Cheese, crumbled
1 tablespoon dried oregano
For the coating:
1 egg + 1 tablespoon water, mixed well
Bake in 10” square baking dish
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit & cover the baking pan with baking paper
2. In a bowl, mix the cherry tomatoes, garlic, basil, salt and olive oil.
3. Cut the dough into a 10” square and place onto the baking paper. Using the remaining dough, cut 4 strips about 10” in length and 2” in width. Set each piece of dough onto each side of the baking dish, creating a frame on all four sides.
4. Spread the goat cheese onto the dough. Sprinkle with the Edam and feta cheeses and top with oregano.
5. Arrange the tomato mixture over the cheeses. Brush the edges of the dough with egg.
6. Bake for 30 minutes until the dough is golden and the cheese is bubbling. Serve immediately.
Found mistakes in this report? - Click Here