Simple and fast: Crostinis with tomato, basil and feta cheese
Crispy hamantaschen with a triple chocolate fillingPurim is just around the corner and that means it’s time to make those hamantaschen you’ve been waiting for all year.
This Purim, try Tnuva USA’s special triple chocolate filling recipe for crispy hamantaschen. Made with Tnuva butter, chocolate spread, bittersweet chocolate and white chocolate, these hamantaschen will become a family favorite in no time.
For the crust
150 grams (1 cup + 1 tbsp.) white flour
100 grams cold Tnuva butter, cubed
50 grams (1/4 cup) white sugar
A pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbs. cold milk
Buy Jewish jewelry online at JOL store - Star of D - JOL readers get 5% off all items by entering coupon code JOL5 at checkout click here to enter the store
For the filling
1/2 jar of chocolate spread
50 grams bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
50 grams white chocolate, finely chopped
For the coating
100 grams white chocolate
1 tbsp. oil
1. In a food processor, mix the flour, butter, sugar, salt and vanilla on the pulse setting until the mixture is crumbly.
2. Add the milk and continue to mix until large dough balls form.
3. Transfer the dough balls to a slightly floured surface, knead into a single ball of dough and cover with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
4. Then, on the floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of approximately 3 cm.
5. Cut circles out of the dough of approximately 7-8 cm in diameter.
6. In each circle, place 1/2 tsp. of chocolate spread and sprinkle with bittersweet and white chocolate.
7. Fold into a hamantash.
8. Place with spaces in between on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet.
9. Cool in the fridge for about 15 minutes; meanwhile, preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
10. Bake for 10-15 min or until the hamantaschen are golden.
11. Set aside to cool.
12. Chop up the milk chocolate and place in a bowl that's suitable for the microwave. Heat it in the microwave in pulses, pausing to mix in between.
13. Add the oil and mix well.
14. Transfer the chocolate to a pastry bag (you can also use a spoon) and drizzle over the hamantaschen. Place in the fridge and serve at room temperature.
Click Here for more reports by JOL Staff
Found mistakes in this report? - Click Here