Tasty with a kick: Baked Rice with Jalapeño Cheese
Great pasta dish: Penne with eggplant, tomatoes and kashkavalMade with fresh eggplant, ripe tomatoes and Tnuva’s kashkaval chunk cheese, this pasta dish will turn into a family favorite in no time.
Looking for a new dinner recipe? This pasta dish may be just what your recipe book has been missing! Made with fresh eggplant, ripe tomatoes and Tnuva’s kashkaval chunk cheese, this pasta dish will turn into a family favorite in no time.
1 large fresh eggplant
6 medium-sized ripe tomatoes
3 tbs. canola oil
¼ cup olive oil
1 white onion, chopped into thin slices
Salt and pepper to taste
5 basil leaves, roughly chopped
2 dried tomatoes, chopped
300 grams penne
Tnuva’s Kashkaval Chunk, roughly grated
Buy Jewish jewelry online at JOL store - Star of D - JOL readers get 5% off all items by entering coupon code JOL5 at checkout click here to enter the store
1. Peel and dice the eggplant into medium-sized cubes.
2. Transfer to a wide platter and salt with the sea salt.
3. Let the eggplant drain for about an hour and then rinse in cold water and drain for an hour in a strainer.
4. Cut an X in each tomato. Place in a bowl and then cover with boiling water. Leave the tomatoes in the water for ten minutes and then peel.
5. Dice the tomatoes into medium-sized cubes.
6. In a frying pan, lightly fry the eggplant cubes in the olive oil and place on a paper towel.
7. In the same frying pan, heat the olive and fry the chopped onion for approximately five minutes.
8. Add the fresh and dried tomatoes and cook for 15 min. with a dash of salt and pepper. If the tomatoes dry out, you can add a tbs. or two of water or tomato juice to the frying pan.
Click Here for more reports by Becca Noy
Found mistakes in this report? - Click Here