Yummy Poppy Seed Babka
Great recipe for Shavuot: Broccoli quiche with goat cheeseWith Shavuot right around the corner, you might be searching for a good recipe or two to make for your friends and family. This broccoli quiche made with Tnuva goat cheese would made a great addition to your holiday dinner table.
Prep time: 30 min., makes 8 servings
1 ½ cups of whole wheat flour
100 gram cold Tnuva butter
300 grams fresh broccoli
250 ml whipping cream
Tnuva’s goat cheese
Cherry tomatoes, halved
Buy Jewish jewelry online at JOL store - Star of D - JOL readers get 5% off all items by entering coupon code JOL5 at checkout click here to enter the store
1. In a food processor, mix the flour, butter, salt and one egg for a half-a-minute to a minute. When the dough is crumbly, place in a sandwich bag in the fridge for an hour.
2. Separate the broccoli florets from the stems and cook in salted water for about an hour until it softens.
3. Whisk the eggs in a mixer until they’re light and fluffy and then add in the cream and season with salt, pepper and thyme.
4. Roll out the dough so that it’s slightly larger than your pie pan. Transfer it to the greased pie pan.
5. Place the broccoli in the middle of the pan and add the egg mixture. Then, place the cherry tomatoes and slice of goat cheese around the circumference of the pie. Sprinkle with nigella seeds.
6. Bake for 35 min. for 180 degrees Celsius.
Click Here for more reports by JOL Staff
Found mistakes in this report? - Click Here