Healthy new recipe: Vegetable lasagna with goat cheese
Honey oatmeal sconesThese sweet pastries are rich in fiber – and in taste!
Prep time: 15 min., makes 26 scones (4 cm in diameter)
1 ½ cups (192 grams) flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
50 grams Tnuva Butter, cold and cut into small cubes
1/2 cup (50 grams) instant oatmeal
15 grams hazelnuts, finely chopped
About 3/4 cups milk
3 tbs. honey
Lemon zest from half a lemon
- Line a large baking tray with baking parchment and preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the flower, baking powder and salt together into a food processor.
- Add the butter cubes and set on the pulse setting until the mixture is crumbly. If you don't have a food processor, use your fingertips to gently work the butter into the flour.
- Transfer the above mixture to a bowl and then add the oatmeal and hazelnuts and stir with your hands.
- Add 1/2 cup milk and mix with a spoon. Add a little more milk, until the batter is soft and doesn't stick to your hands. Knead into a smooth dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to a thickness of 1.5 cm.
- Use a round cookie cutter to cut circles out of the dough. Take the remainder of the dough, knead again into a smooth dough (add a little bit of water if necessary), roll out and cut out circles once more.
- Place the dough circles on the prepared baking tray about 1-1.5 cm apart from each circle.
- Place 2 tbs. of honey in a heatproof bowl and add the lemon zest. In a microwave, heat the mixture for about 15 seconds. Brush the top of each dough circle with the heated honey and lemon zest mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the scones have risen and are golden.
- Towards the end of the baking process, heat the remaining honey in the bowl, remove the scones from the oven and brush immediately with the hot honey.
- Set aside to cool.
Found mistakes in this report? - Click Here