Easy to prepare: Pepper salad with basil and sheep's feta
Tasty lemon poppy seed cupcakesThese sweet lemon poppy seed cupcakes will make a wonderful addition to any Purim gift baskets you are preparing to make.
After about 20 minutes in the oven, these tasty lemon poppy seed cupcakes will be ready for you to enjoy. This recipe makes about 24 cupcakes and the preparation time is about 15 minutes.
1 ¾ cups self-rising flour
¾ cups sugar
Lemon zest from 2 lemons
3 tbs. whole poppy seeds
3 medium-sized eggs
1 carton of 3% yogurt
175 grams of Tnuva butter, melted
For the coating:
100 grams powdered sugar
1 ½ tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice
Follow JerusalemOnline Twitter page and stay up to date with the latest news Follow @JOL_NEWS
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Put the oil and flour a cupcake pan.
2. In a clean bowl, place the flour, sugar, lemon zest and poppy seeds and mix well.
3. Mix the eggs with the yogurt in a separate bowl. Pour the egg/yogurt mixture along with the melted butter into the dry ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth.
4. Pour the batter into the cupcake pan and bake until a toothpick poked in the cupcake comes out clean – approximately 20 min. Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before placing them on a wire rack.
5. Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, start making the coating. In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar and the lemon juice into a thick paste. Coat each cupcake with the lemon-sugar icing and let it harden at room temperature approximately 30 min. before serving.
Click Here for more reports by JOL Staff
Found mistakes in this report? - Click Here