The Israeli Defense Ministry said Tuesday all of the Israelis staying in Las Vegas have been accounted for, following the deadliest mass shooting in modern US history.
Photo credit: Sky News/Channel 2 News
A day after the deadly mass shooting in Las Vegas, the Israeli Foreign Ministry says all Israelis in the city have been accounted for.
On Monday, Avner Saban, Israel’s consul in Los Angeles, told Channel 2 News that six Israelis were still missing, two of whom were known to have been near the scene of the attack. Since then, all of them have made contact with their families.
Saban also described the state of shock hanging over the city. “There was a complete lockdown this morning,” he said. “They’re slowly re-opening certain areas, but the city is very sad, people are crying hysterically.”
Dozens of American families are mourning the loss of their loves ones in the Mandalay Bay mass shooting, which occurred during a country music festival. Local authorities say 59 people were killed and at least 527 others wounded.
The shooter, 64-year-old retiree Stephen Paddock, unleashed hundreds of bullets into the crowd from his hotel room on the 32nd floor. He committed suicide before police officers were able to enter his room.