Less than two months after it was announced that he will retire from the public life, Prince Philip was admitted to a hospital due to an infection. “Prince Philip is in good spirits,” Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Photo Credit: Reuters/Channel 2 News
Today (Wednesday), Buckingham Palace announced that Prince Philip was transported to the hospital on Tuesday evening. The 96-year-old member of the royal family was admitted to the hospital due to an infection. Buckingham Palace stated that he is “in good spirits.”
The infection was reportedly caused by a pre-existing condition. “Prince Philip is in good spirits and is disappointed to be missing the State Opening of Parliament and Royal Ascot,” Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
In May, the royal family announced that Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth’s husband, will retire from the public life soon. “Prince Philip will attend previously scheduled engagements between now and August, both individually and accompanying The Queen,” the statement about his retirement read.