Chef Nomi Abeliovich shares this delicious, flavorful recipe for cauliflower in a creamy labaneh sauce.
Photo Credit: Tnuva USA
Chef Nomi Abeliovich shares this great Middle Eastern recipe for cauliflower in a creamy labaneh sauce.
1 entire head of cauliflower, washed and with the leaves removed
1/3 cup olive oil, plus a little extra for serving
3 tbsps. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 tsp. ground chili pepper
1 bay leaf
1 carton of Tnuva’s Low-Fat Labaneh Cheese
1/3 cup of water
1 fistful of parsley, chopped
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to its highest setting and line a baking tray with a baking sheet.
2. Fill a large pot with 8 cups of water, the olive oil, lemon juice and bay leaf and bring to boil.
3. Carefully place the head of cauliflower into the boiling water, lower the flame and cook until it softens, approximately 15-20 min. Rotate the cauliflower occasionally to ensure even that it cooks evenly.
4. Remove the cauliflower from the boiling water with a slotted spoon and place on the baking tray. Roast for 30-40 minutes until the cauliflower is a golden brown.
5. While the cauliflower is in the oven, mix the labaneh cheese with 1/3 cup of water. Mix well until the cheese is smooth and creamy.
6. Transfer the cauliflower to a serving plate. Pour the labaneh sauce onto cauliflower and garnish with the chopped parsley. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately.