These delicious pastries, made with Tnuva’s crumbled sheep feta dough, will make a great addition to your Shavuot dinner table.
Photo Credit: Nomi Abeliovitch
Prep time: 40 min., makes 20 servings
1 Tnuva’s frozen rolled puff pastry dough for sweet and savory pastries
1 onion, finely chopped
1 bunch of chard, stalk separated from the leaves and diced
250 grams Tnuva’s crumbled sheep feta
Sea salt, to taste
Coarse black pepper to taste
1. Heat a big pan with a little bit of olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and fry until golden. Add the chard stalks and fry for several minutes. Then, add the chard leaves and fry until they shrink and become soft. Remove from the fire.
2. Add the crumbled feta to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
4. On a counter or workstation, roll out the puff pastry and with a knife cut into 10×10 inch squares.
5. Cut an L-shape into two opposing corners of the square and then twist each of these corners and lightly pinch.
6. Place a tbs. of the chard and feta mixture in the center of this square. Drizzle with olive oil.
7. Transfer the squares to the baking tray and lightly brush the edges of the pastry with a little olive oil or melted butter.
8. Bake until the pastries are golden and have risen, approximately 30-35 min. Serve hot.