A tasty lunch for the whole family!
Photo Credit: Nomi Abeliovich
Prep time: 10 minutes, makes 4 servings
½ pkg. of large pasta shells
2 cartons of Tnuva cottage cheese
2 cups of Tnuva Mozzarella Chunk, grated
3 garlic cloves, crushed
Coarse black pepper and salt to taste
For the tomato sauce:
A little more than 1.5 cups of whole, peeled, canned tomatoes
2 tbs. olive oil
4-5 basil leaves
Coarse black pepper and salt, to taste
1/3 cup Tnuva Parmesan Chunk, grated
- For the tomato sauce: Place the tomatoes, olive oil, and basil leaves into a food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- For the cheese filling: Place the cottage cheese, mozzarella and crushed garlic into a mixing bowl and stir well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a lined baking tray with a little bit of olive oil.
- Boil a big pot of water and cook the pasta shells for about 7 minutes until they are al dente.
- Strain and coat with a little bit of olive oil so that the shells don’t stick to one another.
- Fill the shells with the cheese filling and place in a baking pan in one layer with the filling side facing down. Pour the tomato sauce over the shells and sprinkle with parmesan cheese flakes.
- Bake in the oven until golden for about 20 minutes. Serve hot.