A sumptuous, beautiful cake that’s sure to delight guests – if you agree to share any of it, that is!
Photo Credit: Tnuva USA
Prep time: 45 minutes, makes 8 servings
Requires a round baking pan, 24-cm diameter
For the crust:
1 cup chocolate biscuits, crushed
½ cup Tnuva Butter
For the filling:
3 cups of Tnuva’s Original Cheese Spread
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream
1 tbs. lemon juice
1 tbs. brandy
1 tbs. vanilla extract
Blueberries for garnish
For the chocolate ganache:
¾ cup heavy cream
7/8 cup dark chocolate, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Place the crushed biscuits into a mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or in a small pan and then pour over the biscuits and mix until all of the butter is absorbed.
- Line the round baking pan with baking parchment. Pour the biscuit mixture into the pan, press onto the bottom of the pan and then transfer to the freezer.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the cheese spread with the sugar until the cheese is soft and pliable.
- Add in the eggs one by one and stir. Then, add the heavy cream, vanilla, lemon juice and brandy and stir until smooth.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and carefully pour the filling in – pouring too much at a time will create cracks in the crust!
- Sprinkle the blueberries over the cake and then gently press each one about a ½ centimeter into the cake.
- Place a shallow pan of water on the rack below where your cheesecake will be to keep the oven moist and then place the cake in the oven on the rack above for about an hour until it’s golden. The edges should be slightly firm while the middle should still be wobbly.
- Once the cake is done baking, turn the oven off and open the oven door slightly to allow the cake to slowly cool off in the oven without drafts (this will take about an hour).
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool.
- For the ganache: Place the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl. Bring the heavy cream to boil and then pour the heavy cream over the chocolate. Wait one minute for the cream to melt the chocolate and mix until smooth. Smooth the ganache over the cake.
- Place in the fridge for at least several hours before serving. Ideally, it should be refrigerated overnight before you plan to serve it.