The aromatic cheeses mixed in with the batter create personal muffins with the texture of clouds. For variety, use the vegetables you love, like broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, leek or onion.
Photo Credit: Tnuva USA
2 cups (280 ml) flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 ½ tsp. baking soda
½ to 1 flat tsp. salt
1 carton Tnuva’s Original Cheese Spread
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
100 grams Tnuva’s Cheddar Loaf Cheese, grated
1 ½ cups vegetables: roasted pepper slices, mini frozen cauliflower or broccoli, cooked, onion rings or leek, asparagus, yellow and green zucchini strips.
Prep time: ten min., makes a dozen muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease a muffin pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the cheese spread, the buttermilk, the mustard and the grated cheese. Pour the cheese mix into the flour mix and mix gently until smooth.
4. Pour the batter into ¾ of the height of the greased muffin cups and place the vegetables on top.
5. Bake for 20-25 min. until the muffins have risen and are golden. Cool and remove from cups.