These are great breakfast muffins that are also a fun afternoon snack with a refreshing cup of iced coffee.
Photo Credit: Tnuva USA
Prep time: 20 min., makes 8 muffins
100 grams Tnuva Butter
¾ cup (150 grams) +1 tbs. sugar
Lemon zest from half a lemon
2 cups (250 grams) flour
2 tsp. baking powder
A generous dash of salt
½ cup (125 ml) milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 ripe, peeled and diced banana
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Place 8 muffin liners in a muffin tray.
2. Whisk the butter with ¾ cup sugar and lemon zest in a medium sized bowl. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and continue to mix until the batter is crumbly. Set aside 6 tbs. of the crumbs for the crust.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla extract and add to the crumb mixture. Mix with a spatula or spoon just until all the crumbs are wet. Fold in the banana cubes and then divide the batter among the muffin liners so that each muffin liner is about 2/3 full.
4. Mix the cinnamon, the remaining tbs. of sugar and the 6 tbs. of reserved crumbs. Sprinkle on top of the muffins.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the muffins have risen and are golden with springy centers.
— JerusalemOnline (@JOL_NEWS) June 29, 2017