U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson hinted that despite the threats from Russia and Iran, his country will not hesitate to carry out additional military actions in Syria if needed. “We rededicate ourselves to holding to account any and all who commit crimes against the innocents anywhere in the world,” he said.
Rex Tillerson and Donald Trump Photo Credit: Reuters/Channel 2 News
Today (Monday), U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson commented on the U.S. missile strike in Syria without explicitly mentioning it by name. He hinted that the U.S. will not hesitate to carry out another military action. “We rededicate ourselves to holding to account any and all who commit crimes against the innocents anywhere in the world,” he told reporters at a ceremony at the Sant’Anna di Stazzema memorial.
“I hope Russia is thinking carefully about its continued alliance with Bashar al-Assad because every time one of these horrific attacks occurs, it draws Russia closer into some level of responsibility,” Tillerson said earlier this week on ABC’s This Week.
Earlier today, JerusalemOnline reported that the Washington Post cited senior-level officials within U.S. President Donald Trump’s administration who urged Russia to give up its support for Assad in order to improve the relations between Moscow and Washington.