An impressive dish for when you’re hosting: dietetic, tasty and easy to prepare!
Photo Credit: Tnuva USA
Prep time: 10 min., makes 8 servings
800 grams frozen beets, whole and defrosted
500 grams Tnuva’s Low-Fat Labaneh Cheese
2-3 scallion stalks, the green part only, washed and thinly sliced
A little bit of olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 210 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking parchment. Sprinkle the parchment with an even layer of sea salt, approximately 0.3-0.4 cm thick.
- Wash the beets thoroughly and place them on top of the salt. Once the oven is hot, pop the tray in and bake for an hour or until you can easily cut to the center of the beet with a sharp knife.
- Remove and cool for about half an hour until you can peel the beets (we recommend wearing disposable gloves at this point).
- Brush the salt off the beets, peel and dice into small cubes.
- Spread the labaneh cheese evenly on a large serving plate (approx. 30 cm in diameter or 30×30 cm).
- Sprinkle the beet cubes over the labaneh – don’t mix!
- Garnish with the scallion slices.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.