Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu commented again on the recording in which his son is heard making lewd remarks about women, saying that the media “crossed all red lines” by airing it. Netanyahu also asked that Israel’s justice minister review the possibility of drafting a bill that would prevent the media from airing similar tapes in the future.
Netanyahu and his son Yair Photo Credit: Avi Ohayon/GPO
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu asked Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked on Thursday to review the possibility of drafting a bill that would prevent the media from airing tapes similar to the one that Israel Television News Company released earlier this week. Netanyahu said that the release of the recording “crossed all red lines.”
Netanyahu also asked Attorney General Avichai Mandelblit to check whether there is some kind of legal measure that can be taken regarding the tape. The Israeli prime minister is reportedly interested in taking legal action against the state employee who recorded his son.
Earlier today, Israeli Energy Minister Yuval Steinitz said that all strip clubs should be shut down. Speaking to Radio 103FM’s Ayala Hasson, Steinitz said that these clubs are despicable and negative establishments. “I have two adult sons and a daughter, and I don’t even have to ask them if they go to these places. Regarding these matters, I have complete faith in my children,” he said.
Netanyahu commented on Tuesday for the first time on the scandalous audio recording of his son Yair. “My son Yair said ridiculous things under the influence of alcohol,” Netanyahu stated. In the tape, the young Netanyahu can be heard making derogatory and lewd remarks about women after a night out at several Tel Aviv strip clubs.