An Israeli who lives in central Italy told Channel 2 Online about the situation in the area following the powerful earthquake. “People lost their homes, properties and businesses,” he explained. Meanwhile, the Israeli Prime Minister offered to send aid and rescue forces to the country.

Can’t see video? – Click Here

Italian rescue forces continue to evacuate the residents of central Italy after the 6.6-magnitude earthquake struck this morning (Sunday). The footage emerging from the area shows buildings collapsing seconds after the powerful earthquake rattled them. Many people were injured but no deaths have been reported so far.

“This is the third time that an earthquake of this kind has hit since August,” said Ori Zalzinger, an Israeli living in Italy, to Channel 2 Online. “This was the hardest one for me because we are just 10 kilometers away from the epicenter.”







Italy, today

Italy, today Photo Credit: Reuters/Channel 2 News

The local media outlets are showing pictures of terrified residents who fled their homes following the earthquake. “I understood that it was very powerful, just dreadful” added Zalzinger. “I’m lucky to live in a well-built home so everything passed smoothly.”







Italy, today

Italy, today Photo Credit: Twitter/Channel 2 News

However, Zalzinger said that the situation is bad: “People lost their homes, properties and businesses. This is the real definition of a natural disaster. There are now aftershocks; we feel additional tremors every two minutes.”

Meanwhile, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu commented on the earthquake and even offered to send aid and rescue forces to the country. “In Italy, an earthquake that can be very devastating is happening right now,” said Netanyahu. “I want to say to my friend Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi that Israel is preparing and ready to send the best aid we can.”