Israeli troops are still searching for the terrorists who murdered a rabbi in the West Bank on Tuesday evening. As the forces continue the manhunt, the IDF fears that the terrorists will strike again with a second attack.
Israeli troops in Nablus Photo Credit: IDF Spokesperson’s Unit
On Thursday morning, Israeli troops continued the manhunt for the terrorists who murdered Rabbi Raziel Shevach earlier this week in the Nablus area of the West Bank. The city and the nearby villages remain sealed off.
The IDF Spokesperson’s Unit said that the forces are operating in the area while the investigation into the terror attack continues. As reported by JOL last night, the IDF fears that the terrorists could strike again before they are apprehended. Therefore, the military has increased its presence in the area.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stated on Wednesday evening that he is committed to catching the terrorists. Netanyahu said that the head of the Shin Bet updated him regarding its intense investigation into the terror attack. “I have no doubt that it’s only a matter of time, I hope not a lot of time, until we get to the murderers,” Netanyahu said during an annual event for foreign reporters. “We are committed to this.”
Meanwhile, Israel’s security forces arrested 18 Palestinians suspected of being involved in terrorist activities and riots during overnight raids in the West Bank. The forces also uncovered and confiscated illegal weapons in a village south of Jenin.