Ahead of US President Donald Trump’s expected announcement concerning the ratification of the nuclear deal, Tehran continues with its threats warning the US of the implications of withdrawing from the memorandum of understanding signed with the world powers. Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said that Iran will respond to the US firmly if steps are taken against the nuclear deal.
Could an American-Iranian explosion be on the horizon? Photo Credit: Reuters/Channel 2 News
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif clarified today (Wednesday) in front of the Iranian Parliament that his country will firmly respond to any step taken by the US against the nuclear deal, according to a parliamentarian in attendance at the session who was quoted by the local media. “He emphasized that if the Americans take any step against the deal, Iran will respond to them even more severely,” stated Iranian lawmaker Shahbaz Hassanpour.
Another parliamentarian, Behrouz Nemati, said that Zarif even tackled specific actions that US President Donald Trump and the Congress could take regarding the matter. However, Nemati declined to specify which actions Zarif described. Zarif added that the rest of the European countries will continue supporting the nuclear deal regardless of the potential US actions.
Iran warns US from taking steps against nuclear deal Photo Credit: Reuters/Channel 2 News
This is a direct continuation of Iran’s attacks against the US concerning the nuclear deal issue, which Trump is anticipated to decertify next week. As reported earlier this week by JOL, Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) Commander Mohammad Ali Jafari criticized Washington about Trump’s plan to impose additional sanctions on Tehran and designate the IRGC as a terrorist group. “If the US is stupid enough to designate the IRGC a terrorist group, then the IRGC will treat the US Army the way we treat ISIS,” he stated.