“The US is playing hide and seek like children”, said NK’s National Defense Commission. Sony’s The Interview has made over $1 million so far








Kim Jong Un

Kim Jong Un Reuters/Channel 2 News

North Korea blamed the United States on Saturday for being responsible for the Internet outage it experienced in the last few days amid a confrontation between them over The Interview, a film by Sony Pictures studios.

“The United States, with its large physical size and oblivious to the shame of playing hide and seek as children with runny noses would, has begun disrupting the Internet operations of the main media outlets of our republic,” the North’s National Defense Commission said in a statement.

“It is truly laughable,” said a spokesman for the commission. He also rejected an accusation by the US that North Korea was behind the cyber-attack on Sony and demanded the US produce the evidence for its accusation.

Sony Pictures released a statement saying that the film took in over $1 million on Christmas Day only. At first the studios canceled its release, but following criticism from President Barack Obama that it was caving in to North Korean pressure, they decided to put the movie out on limited release, mostly in independent theaters as well as on the internet.