Today, a senior-level North Korean official told CNN that his country doesn’t intend to stop its intercontinental ballistic missile program until it is able to reach America’s East Coast.
Today (Monday), a senior-level North Korean official expressed his country’s commitment to the intercontinental ballistic missile program and declared that Pyongyang intends to be able to reach the US East Coast.
Despite US diplomatic efforts, the official told CNN that North Korea won’t stop until it reaches its goal. “Before we can engage in diplomacy with the Trump administration,” the official said. “We want to send a clear message that the DPRK has a reliable defensive and offensive capability to counter any aggression from the United States.”
Yesterday, US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson denied reports that US President Donald Trump did not believe in a diplomatic solution to the crisis with North Korea, saying “those diplomatic efforts will continue until the first bomb drops.”
As reported last week by JOL, White House Chief of Staff John Kelly responded to the North Korean threat. “I would believe, I think I speak for the administration, that that state simply cannot have the ability to reach the homeland,” he said in a press briefing. “Right now, there is great concern about a lot of Americans that live in Guam. Right now, we think the threat is manageable but over time, if it grows beyond where it is today, well, let’s hope that diplomacy works.”
A man driving a vehicle was killed, shortly after 8:00 am, by shots fired from a motor scooter on Histadrut…