Celebrate autumn with onion soup and comforting melted cheese flakes.
Photo Credit: Tnuva USA
Prep time: 15 min., makes 4 servings
- 2 cups (500 grams) of Tnuva’s Swiss Cheese Loaf, grated
- 5 medium-sized onions, cut into thin strips
- 4-5 cups strained vegetable stock
- 3 tbs. Tnuva Butter
- ½ tsp. white sugar
- ½ cup white vermouth or semi dry white wine
- A dash of salt and pepper
- 4-5 slices of toast, preferably large
- 1 tsp. flour
- Heat the butter in a pot over a medium flame until the onions are translucent and slightly golden.
- Add the sugar and the flour to the onions and mix.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to boil. Once it’s boiled, simmer for ¾ of an hour.
- Add salt and pepper according to taste.
- Towards the end of the cooking process, add the vermouth or dry wine.
- At the bottom of your soup bowls, place a slice of toast, then sprinkle with Swiss cheese flakes. Pour the soup of the cheese and toast. Serve hot!