The Jewish NGO’s Center on Extremism has released a study that found 5,125 cases in which racist, anti-Semitic, anti-LGBTQ and other hateful messages were spread using flyers, posters, and other similar methods in 2020. The year prior, the group counted 2,724 instances, and in 2018, just 1,187 instances.

ADL meticulously tracked the propaganda efforts of various groups, noting the largest purveyors were the Patriot Front, New Jersey European Heritage Association and Nationalist Social Club, which together accounted for 92% of the total. The remaining 8% consisted of a huge number of white supremacist and neo-Nazi groups.

Some of the most common slogans spotted included “Better Dead Than Red,” “Reclaim America,” “Black Crimes Matter,” and several others that included various slurs.

The group also cataloged 56 white supremacist events, about one-quarter less than in 2019 and most of which were flash mobs, not publicly announced events.

“As we try to understand and put in perspective the past four years, we will always have these bookends of Charlottesville and Capitol Hill,” ADL CEO Jonathan Greenblatt said. “The reality is there’s a lot of things that happened in between those moments that set the stage.”